Decide the purpose: When
considering a website for your business or organization, start by
thinking what purpose you want your website to serve. Also
see the "Why
Build?" page for more ideas.
- Do you want to use as a communication tool or information base that
is available 24/7?
- Do you want to sell your products or services online or direct customers
to your established sales process using the phone, mail, or fax?
- Know your audience — will they use the web to
find your business or conduct business with you? What do they want
- Does your competition use the web? If so, how?
How do you plan to promote your website?
your company name easy to remember or type or say if verbally directing
people to your website? You can use phrases or a product name to help promote your website - as your domain name, if it is available.
The domain name
is the text typed into the web browser and ends with dot com, org,
or net, for instance - nealresources.com
- Generate ideas for possible domain names. You can
have more than one and direct it to the same web address (URL)
or to special sections
of your website.
you have a product name that would be a better avenue for a domain
- How easily can you market your domain name?
- Will it
fit on business cards, brochures or other marketing tools?
- Plan to use your domain in all your printed and digital marketing.
Review the Have Domain page for more domain details.
When Ready with Domain(s):
purpose/why of your future website, selected what domain(s) you want to
use. You should own/buy your domains - don't risk someone else or another company having control of your domain. Not worth that risk!
It is time to move to
the next step — What to Build?
Contact us for a quote.